1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
7 Tbsp of Pamela’s Vanilla Cake Mix
1 tsp Vanilla
½ tsp Egg Replacer
9 Tbsp Water
- Using your favorite microwavable mug, melt the Coconut Oil for approximately 30 seconds (microwave times will vary by model)
- then add in all the other ingredients. Mix well.
- Microwave for approximately 2 minutes. Cake is done if an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
What did I do the first time that made it come out so horrible?
- I didn’t add enough flavoring so it had no flavor.
- I used WAY too much Egg Replacer ( ½ tsp vs ½ tbsp!)
- And as it turns out, our microwave here in the office is super strong and I seriously over cooked the first round!
You really need to play around a bit with the amount of flavoring you use to adjust it to your particular tastes. Also adjust your cooking time depending on how powerful your microwave is!
And experiment! Try different flavors, try adding chocolate chips, try adding applesauce or even your favorite berry before cooking. I’m curious to see how creative we can get.